Support your locals in 2021
We're soldiering-on through the another National Lockdown, but despite this we can still think positive and give you some more reasons to be cheerful and grateful that you live here in Crystal Palace.
One thing we've learned over the last 11 months is that staying close to the people, places and services we all care about really matters. On behalf of our local indie traders in Crystal Palace, thank you so much for your support and loyalty during these difficult weeks.
(We're loving the winter shot of Crystal Palace Flowers by James Balston.).
If you've made commitments about how you will spend your time differently in 2021, we've got something for you. An email snapshot of our local high street news, every month or so.
We hope you think this feels like something positive and manageable for 2021.
Please do join us: Sign up for our Shop SE19 newsletter here.
You can read our recent January 2021 issue here.
How can you support your local high street safely, during lockdown?
As well as signing up for our news... here are five ideas to keep those wheels turning.
1) Lockdown Birthdays - this time of year is tough for birthdays. Let's make it special with thoughtful local gifts. Contact your favourite shop, salon, restaurant, cake-maker, florist to organise something wonderful for now (home delivery/ click + collect), OR a voucher for online retail therapy or an experience to look forward to in a few weeks.
2) Warm-up with a Takeaway - whether it's a coffee and pastry combo to fuel a daily walk, or getting a delicious meal delivered to your home to cheer up a WFH lunch-time or chilly winter evening, there are so many options from our local eateries. Look out for Roasts to Go at the weekend from The Sparrowhawk (and pies), The Conquering Hero, Westow House and The Alma to name a few. Even our local Everyman is in on the act with home-delivery of their delicious Spielburgers via Deliveroo. Why not amp up your own home-dining scene with some nice new tableware from Decorum or Elkins.
3) Thinking of You - if you know people are having a hard time, a little gift or card might make the world of difference. All our local gift shops are offering home-delivery or click and collect options. Try Brave Girl's Etsy Shop, The Indigo Tree online, a thoughtful book from The Bookseller Crow, or some wonderful original art or craft from A L'Etage 2.
Keep the little people in your life motivated and occupied with a pocket money present or something screen-free from Papagaio.
4) Pay it Forward - you might be missing that in-store 'treat yourself' feel. If so: pay now and enjoy later with a voucher. This can really help our traders over these difficult weeks.
Have a look back at our Christmas Raffle prizes for inspiration: salon treatments, shop and cafe/restaurant vouchers are available.
5) Green Fingers - grow something and think about Spring. Under current restrictions, garden centres and plant/flower shops can remain open. So whether its bulbs, summer planting plans or something to bring the outdoors inside, there are lots of local options.
Has this given you some extra ideas? Do sign-up to our newsletter service so we can share more news with you about our local high streets in Crystal Palace.
And if you found it useful... share this blog post.